As XMAS is not far away and children will be on school holidays, please keep the following in mind.
1. ENSURE your child is educated in Body Safety. That is:
* They know their body is their body and no-one has the right to touch it .
• They have 5 trusted adults on their Safety Network.
• They know never to keep secrets that make them feel bad or uncomfortable.
• They know to tell a person on their Safety Network if someone does touch their private parts, asks them to touch their private parts and/or shows them pictures of private parts, and to keep on telling until they are believed.
2. BE WATCHFUL of who your child spends time with. If your child is not willing to go with certain people or does not wish to hug or kiss them — listen and respect their wishes.
3. EVEN though it will be busy amongst the happy celebrations, be aware of any out-of-characteristic changes in your child’s behavior.
4. BE PROUD that your child is educated in Body Safety and display this poster on the fridge to let everyone (including potential predators) know of this fact! http://somesecrets.info/be-loud
5. READ 'Some Secrets Should Never Be Kept', 'No Means No!' and 'My Body! What I Say Goes!' at the beginning of the holiday period and discuss the books/questions with your child.
6. COLOUR and discuss the 'No! Means No!’ poster with you childand share the free posters at www.e2epublishing.info/posters/
7. READ any of my Blogs at http://somesecrets.info/blog/ They are all useful and informative as is my parent guide ‘Body Safety Education'.
8. ENJOY the holiday season with you child and family but… keep your parent radar on alert!
9. PLEASE add any other hints you can think of in the comments for other parents/carers to be aware of.
10 Have a very MERRY XMAS! And please think about committing to educating kids and the community in Body Safety in 2017!
Much love Jayneen Sanders xx
Jayneen Sanders (aka Jay Dale) is a teacher, author, mother of three daughters and an active advocate for sexual abuse prevention education and respectful relationships both in the home and in schools.
For more information on this topic and Jay’s children's books 'Some Secrets Should Never Be Kept', 'Pearl Fairweather Pirate Captain', ‘No Means No!’, ‘My Body! What I say Goes!’, ‘No Difference Between Us’, and her parents’ guide ‘Body Safety Education — A parents’ guide to protecting kids from sexual abuse’ go to e2epublishing.info
All books are also available on Amazon at https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dstripbooks&field-keywords=jayneen+sanders