Body Safety Education (aka sexual abuse prevention education) aims to empower children with skills and knowledge that will lessen the likelihood of them becoming victims of childhood sexual abuse.
In summary, Body Safety Education teaches children:
- the correct names for their private body parts
- the difference between safe and unsafe touch
- not to keep secrets that make them feel bad/uncomfortable
- what to do if they are touched inappropriately
- general assertiveness — especially in relation to their own body.
For a more in-depth coverage of Body Safety Education go to Jayneen's book 'Body Safety Education: a parents' guide to protecting kids from sexual abuse'
This book is also on Amazon at http://amzn.to/2cC7QNb