Support Services & Resources
If you or a child is in danger, CALL THE POLICE!
Australian Support Services
- 1800RESPECT - National sexual assault, domestic and family violence counseling service in Australia.
- Child Wise - Organization dedicated to preventing child abuse and exploitation in Australia.
- CASA - The Victorian CASA Forum ensures timely and comprehensive support for victims/survivors of sexual assault.
- Australian Childhood Foundation - The Australian Childhood Foundation works to put a stop to child abuse and give children a life free from violence and trauma.
- Bravehearts - An Australian child protection organisation, solely dedicated to the prevention and treatment of child sexual abuse.
- Policelink - 131 444 Non-urgent police phoneline.
Carer and Parent Support and Child Abuse Prevention Service -
CAPS aims to improve outcomes for children by delivering family support, prevention and community education services
- Children's Protection Society - CPS is an independent child welfare organisation with a mission to break the cycle of abuse and neglect in families and improve the life chances and choices for children who have experienced abuse and neglect.
- Kids Helpline - We care and we listen, any time for any reason.
- National Association for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect - Our mission is to prevent child abuse and neglect and to ensure the safety and wellbeing of all of Australia's children.
- Protective Behaviours Australia Inc - Protective Behaviours Australia works to reduce the incidence of abuse and violence in the community through empowerment and education.
- eSafeKids - Specialist provider of books and resources to educate, equip and empower children.
Raising Children Network -
The complete Australian resource for parenting newborns to teens
US Support Services
- RAINN - Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network, the largest anti-sexual violence organization in the United States.
- Childhelp - National child abuse hotline and support organization in the United States.
- National Children's Alliance - The National Children's Alliance supports and promotes Children's Advocacy Centers for a coordinated, multidisciplinary response to child abuse.
- Darkness to Light - A nonprofit committed to empowering adults to end child sexual abuse.
- Parenting Safe Children - US-based education service for children, parents, schools and youth professionals: Keeping children safe from sexual assault — in your community.
- Alcohol Rehab Help - US-based organization providing free resources and information to help struggling individuals & families get their lives back on track. Domestic violence is a very dangerous potential result of alcohol abuse. Alcohol use disorder (AUD) is often called a “family disease” because it impacts more people than just the individuals with alcoholism. The emotional side effects of alcohol addiction are felt by spouses, children, and other loved ones. If you or a loved one is struggling with alcohol addiction, Alcohol Rehab Help can guide you to rehabilitation and treatment resources.
- Internet Safety for Kids - Threats to children’s internet safety include invasions of privacy, cyberbullying, sexting and harassment. Options to protect your children include parental controls, apps and tracking software. But the most effective way to keep your kids safe is to talk with them about online risks, how to avoid them and how they can come to you when something goes wrong.
UK Support Services
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline - Provides confidential support and information to victims of domestic abuse in the United Kingdom.
- NSPCC - National Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Children, a UK charity dedicated to protecting children from abuse and neglect.
- Stop It Now! - Online self-help & confidential Stop It Now! helpline for anyone worried about child sexual abuse, including their own thoughts or behaviour.
Please note that these organisations are dedicated to providing support and assistance to individuals who have experienced abuse. If you or someone you know is in immediate danger, please contact your local emergency services.